Thursday, August 8, 2013

The Low-Carb Lifestyle

You’re back! Welcome! I bet you are here because you want to know a little bit more about low-carb eating. Well, I’ll tell you what – it’s easy! For the first 30 days, you want to avoid just about everything! (Kidding!) Here is a list of foods to avoid – but simply, we are talking about omitting ALL refined carbohydrates and sugars.

Absolutely NO, none, nada: Rice, bread, potatoes (this means any kind, including sweet), pasta, flour, beans (except green).
·       Some fruits and vegetables are very high in starch, such as bananas and corn. Avoid these for the first 30 days!

It is crucial to also avoid anything, including vegetables, high in sugar:

Say NO to: Beets, carrots, sugar in any form (maple syrup, molasses, sugar and all sugar substitutes, corn syrup, honey).

NO FRUIT! NONE!

Ready for the good news? I bet you are!

MEAT - shrimp, fish, all shellfish, chicken, pork, BACON, sausage, turkey, beef, buffalo, rabbit, capon … you get the picture. Knock yourself out!

CHEESE is ok! Try cheddar, goat, feta, blue, fontina, mozzarella – you name it!

NUTS! Eat nuts and nut butters! Raw, unsalted almonds are amazing for you! (But if you’re like me, you’ll enjoy half a handful of roasted pistachios or cashews every day.)

Say YES! to: Salads and all vegetables not previously mentioned. Use your imagination - or ask me for ideas!

Coffee or Tea Drinkers: Please drink your coffee black or with half-and-half. You can always use a drop or two of real extracts, lemon, and spices such as cinnamon to spiff up your cup.
·      I have read that nixing caffeine helps the weight-loss process. I quit caffeine about 11 many years ago and have never looked back. I’m not going to ask that you do that – but I’m throwing it out there in case you’re interested!

So, here is an example of what I ate for dinner last night. A gorgeous marinated Delmonico steak with roasted zucchini and a boiled egg/avocado/tomato salad. Easy peasy right?



Follow me here and I’ll show you how easy it is! And by all means, do some research on your own – I learn something new every day on my quest for better nutrition. Share what you learn here – we can all lose [weight!] together!

No comments:

Post a Comment