Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Crockpot Stuffed Peppers

Looking for a new low-carb recipe with infinite variations? Here it is!!

I love stuffed peppers and I love my crockpot. This recipe is a match made in heaven as far as I’m concerned! Not to mention crazy healthy and delicious! And do you want to know a secret? You make “rice” out of cauliflower – so no carbs at all in this yet it’s very, very filling. And if you don’t like cauliflower, don’t worry! You can’t taste it! Win, win? Yes, yes!      

I’m linking you to the original recipe, but I will tell you to play with it. No, don’t toss it a ball – I mean try different meats and seasoning. I read reviews that the original recipe was a little bland, so I omitted the Worcestershire sauce and added ½ a packet of Fajita Seasoning. Try other seasoning blends (try ground chicken with McCormick’s Italian Herb Chicken Seasoning Mix, or ground pork with rib spices). And cook them for 5 hours on high in your crockpot – then you can pull the skins right off and the peppers are like butter.

I am planning to roast a ton of peppers this way because the skins come RIGHT OFF and that’s the part I hate most about roasting peppers! I love adding roasted peppers to just about EVERYthing!





This is the before picture - I'm still working on getting a good after picture so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment