Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Homemade Boursin Cheese

Most of you know I have a slight obsession (have we noticed I have multiple food obsessions?) for Boursin stuffed split chicken breasts.


I would make them every other night if a) Boursin cheese wasn’t so ridiculously expensive and b) my husband wouldn’t threaten to leave me. What’s a girl to do? Make her own, freeze it, and make it once a week. Win, win, win!

I used this recipe as a base – you can use fresh herbs instead of dry (if using dry make sure you rub the herbs between your fingers to release their oils just prior to adding them to the cheese mixture). Try it and adjust the recipe to your own taste. Then try my chicken recipe and I guarantee, you will be hooked, too!

Editor’s Note: This recipe makes a ton. If you’re not planning to freeze it, the recipe halves very well.




No comments:

Post a Comment